Thursday, September 20, 2007

Continuing drama!

So, I was hoping that I wouldn't have more to blog about this Professor of mine, but alas, I do. I gave her that copy of Andy's letter and she said that it was great.
Finally, I thought. At last she is happy. So...I decided to venture farther and said that I was wondering about coming in on Thursday to take the test that I am missing. She said that she would have to check the sylabis to see what her rules were.

At this point I am wondering why she can't remember her own rules, but I let it go and sit down. After class I go back up to her and she checks on her rules and proceeds to tell me that I am going to have to take the test after I return from SC!!! Here is exactly what she says in the sylabis:

"Any student who misses an exam because of an unavoidable circumstance will be allowed to make up that exam, provided the student supplies writtten evidence of the unavoidable nature of the incident that caused him or her to miss the exam."

Can you believe that? This woman is insaine! She is a really good teacher, as long as you don't have to miss any test in her class or have to go see your brother whom you haven't seen in 3 months!!

6 comments:

Mari said...

Oh well - now you just have to forget about her and enjoy the vacation!

Laura said...

She is a little crazy. Most of my professor's were always saying, "You're an adult now, if you want to skip class, go ahead, you'll just have to suffer any consequences from it." Which I think is a good idea. If you want to skip but can still take the test, you should be able to - after all - how much are you paying them? If someone wants to waste their own money by not being in class, then they should be able to do that.

Cheri said...

Just don't even think about it while you're gone- Have a great time!

Melissa said...

she's crazy. but at least you're done with her for a while :)
where were you hiding today? i looked for you at work, but you were MIA :)

Terri said...

What a wacko! Remember your own rules next time.

Diane said...

Hopefully she didn't pop up in your mind on vacation! Crazy nut-job.