Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sorry!!!!

I am so sorry that it has been so long since I posted last! I have not been on the computer for at least a week! I have been trying to get all my school work done so that we can leave o Saturday to go see Andy. I think that I have it mostly under control, but with classes like accounting and economics, I have a lot of work to do.

I have one professor, for accounting, who is a really great professor and she makes the class fun and the information easy to understand, but she has been a thorn in my side since the first day of class! I stayed after on the first day to tell her that I would be leaving on the 22nd to go see my brother graduate from boot camp, so I would be missing a week or so of class. She proceeded to tell me that it was fine, but she would need proof from me that we really are going to see him, that he really is in the army, and that he really does graduate on the 28th! I thought that she was joking! I thought, "Women! This is college, nnot middle school!" So....I brought in a bunch of stuff to show her that he really is in the army: a letter from him on the army stationary, a booklet that we got when he first enlisted, and a postcard that he sent to us with info on buying a dvd of boot camp and graduation.

I thought that she would be happy with this, but she wasn't. She told me that this was all wonderful stuff, but that she didn't want to read my personal mail so if I could kindly make a copy of the part where it says that we are going to see him with a date that we will be there, that would be great. So I made a copy of one of Andy's letters that says that graduation is officially on September 28. I sure hope that she is happy with that! None of my other professors made such a big stink over it!

So, that is what has been going on in my life lately!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

lol...crazy power hungry profs!!!

Mari said...

Keep on working on tha thomework. You'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy your time off!

Laura said...

Good sweet mercy!!! What a psychopath! College professors seem to be either the kind that want to be cool and get in with all the kids like they're your friend, or else they're the kind that are going to really stick it to you and use the power they've worked so very hard to earn. It sounds like she's the second one. Oh well - just do what she wants and make her happy. That's all you can do. And soon we'll be leaving - hurray! Glad to see you back here again - don't wait so long next time!

Cheri said...

She does sound a little power hungry!
It'll be worth it when you see Andy

Terri said...

Oh my word!! Can we say "power hungry?" Sorry I didn't comment sooner but I didn't know you posted. You really must post more often. You didn't even see the I sent you an award on Sunday.
Hope you have fun this coming week.